Simons Eye Hospital is one of the leading eye hospitals in Kerala. With branches in Calicut and Thrissur, the hospital has highly qualified & experienced doctors along with well trained para-medical staff. The hospital provides an efficient and holistic eye care to patients in an extremely cost effective way. Netra eye hospital software proves to be one of the most effective hospital management systems adopted by the hospital till date.
Adoption of EMR practice is becoming an industry standard among newly emerging hospitals, Simons eye hospital had also adopted a ‘generic HMS software provider in Kerala’ to their practice. The problems slowly started to turn up after one month of the above leading HMS software installation. The issue was mainly pertained to the software support as timely support was not provided by the vendor which caused glitches in various points of hospital operations. By the time, the hospital was also planning to start a new eye hospital at Kunnamkulam, Thrissur. The chief doctor and Managing Director, Dr. Sam Suby Simon required a central monitoring software system for effective inter-branch communications. Patient data exchange and department synchronization across branches are very important while considering branch connectivity and unfortunately their existing software was unable to cope with multi-branch connectivity.
Apart from these core issues, the Simons hospital also experienced the following problems from the ‘generic HMS software provider’ they had adopted :
- Due to poor customer support, software issues persisted for long periods that resulted in a significant increase in patient wait times.
- The Grapes software system lacked poor financial controls and Tally integration with accounts department was missing.
- Purchasing and inventory management was not proper. Stock transfer process between departments became complicated due to the absence of a centralized purchase and inventory management system.
Getting ready for Netra!
Overall the hospital management felt the absence of a complete software solution in their practice with respect to patient management, patient engagement, operational control, new technology adoptions etc. Totally unsatisfied with the existing solution, the doctor and his team started searching for an efficient growth enabled software solution. Dr. Simon, having experience of clinical practice at various hospitals was not fully satisfied with any of the software demos till Netra eye hospital software came to the picture. Demos provided by Netra software experts suggested optimum solutions to Doctor and his team’s concerns in the following ways.
- 24*7 customer support
- Multi branch connectivity in online/ offline modes
- Modules designed with alerts for less patient wait times
- Interfacing with third party systems in finance, insurance and patient management.
- Industry recognized centralized purchase & inventory management system
- A complete solution that adheres with clinical and operational management, financial controls and latest emerging healthcare technologies.
After the demo, hospital management decided to implement the Netra solution in the newly starting Simons eye hospital at Kunnamkulam. Due to its user-friendliness, optimized operational modules and patient management systems, Netra implementation received excellent feedback from the departmental staff. This forced the hospital management to replace the existing ‘generic HMS software system’ and implement Netra at Simons eye hospital main branch in Perambra, Kozhikode.
Ours is a well-recognized Netra eye hospital software that has successfully completed 50+ installations across India. Contact our experts to more on Netra ophthalmology EMR and associated healthcare solutions.