Patient experience, workflow management
Let us face the facts. The Ophthalmology practice space is getting crowded as many general hospitals are trying to get into this specialty by opening eye care departments. The big dollar institutes have the muscle power to pull in the crowds. On the other hand, there are many charitable institutions opening up across the country, run by NGO’s or corporate social responsibility, that offer quality services at lowest possible prices as they obviously do not have any commercial interests.
The technology remains the same, catering to the same population, employing the best available doctors in the locality, renting prime locations, the staff who man the hospitals are more or less of the same expertise levels ; few hospitals have invested heavily in training people to give the best experience at the front office and other departments.
Buying high tech medical equipment is a continuous process and would put smaller units into huge financial commitments which could burn a hole in the balance sheet.
How do the smaller eye hospitals compete with big brands and charitable institutions? Patient experience management and time to deliver services play a critical role in bringing the differentiation for many reasons. The consumer apart from loyalty factors is caught between many aspects such as limited time of time to spend for visits, balancing work, beating the traffic, managing kids and social life. There are many ways of achieving this.
- Lowering the cost of your operations to offer value innovation
- Introducing measurement and SLA for departments such as lab, counseling, front office etc
- Enhancing the patient experience by measuring every phase of procedures and tests
- Understanding the time spent in each department, doctor, and test
- Comparing the performance of each department on patient flow
- Understanding the flow of patients in departments and reducing queues
- The positioning of water coolers, toilets according to patient convenience
- Improving staff productivity by ascertaining the right place for inventory etc
- Implementing continuous improvement methods
Call us to know more about patient workflow optimisation, inventory tracking, and workforce productivity.
Netra eye hospital software is used by over 50 customers spread across 14 states in India.