EMR adoption in Ophthalmology hospitals
EMR stands for Electronic medical records are the digital equivalent of physical patient records at a healthcare practice. EMR systems are used throughout a healthcare organization to document clinical information on many patients over long periods. EMR systems provide accurate patient data to clinicians and relevant departments that assist them in interpreting health conditions, placing orders, providing ongoing care, scheduling, billing, and follow up.
Benefits of EMR adoption
EMRs are designed to help organizations provide efficient and precise care. Core benefits of EMR include:
- Improved diagnosis and treatment
- MRD space saving
- Faster care and timely decision making
- Instant transfer of patient data from 1 department to another
- Electronic prescriptions to pharmacy/opticals
- Enable healthcare systems to serve more patients/day
- Process driven hospital workflow and increased productivity
With clients across India & abroad, Software Associates is an industry leading healthcare software provider equipped with EMR systems namely Netra (Ophthalmology EMR) & Vikas , Teja ( General hospital EMRs).
Netra EMR Features
- New user ( Doctor) interface screen compatible with Windows tablets
- Waiting list of patients – Expected/Ready to see/Consulted/Dilated waiting/Counseling waiting/Refraction waiting/AR Room waiting/Procedure waiting etc..
- Patient waiting list with >30 minutes, >1 Hr/Fast track/VIP/Vulnerable/Bio-hazard status
- Previous visit history and patient case sheet in one click
- Optometry findings, Doctor examination and Final diagnosis.
- Medicine & Optical prescriptions, Lab tests, Procedure & Surgery advice linked with counselor module
- Easy loading of doctor specific treatment and medical advice relevant to diagnosis.
- ICD 10/11 diagnosis classification
- Disease/Category wise medicine kits and allergic information
- Re-refraction/dilatation patients management
- Templates and drawings
- Procedure results and image integration
- OT and Surgery notes
- Consolidated visit summary report with doctor’s digital signature
- Appointments & Check in Info alerts linked with various departments
- Doctor Performance dashboards – OP, OT, revenue charts etc.
- Consultation waiting and chair time reports
- Transfer patient to another Doctor, Referral Doctor, Cross consultation advice
Netra Recent News on EMR adoption
Netra EMR simplification
Simplified functionalities have been developed in Netra EMR that reduce doctors keyboard typing time.
Machine interfacing standardization
Through standardization, Netra software can now interface with any model of AR/ NCT/ Lensometer machine.